
My first favorite designer is: Thomas Heatherwick
I am interested in his work because most of his design actually interact with ordinary people/ viewers in their everyday life. I like the fact that his installations are exhibited in public places and individuals don't need to necessarily go to museums and galleries to see an art/ design piece.
"The studio's work spans commercial and residential building projects, masterplanning and infrastructure schemes as well as high profile works of public art".
One other interesting aspect about his work is how he manages to combine architecture, design and sculpture into one single practice and create fantastic pieces out of it.
The photo I chose to share is his famous work for the well known department store in London Harvey Nichols in 1997. Where Thomas Heatherwick won the D&AD award for it. And I chose this one because visual merchandising has been one of my greatest interests sine I moved to London and I always appreciate when I pass by these department stores windows.
No comments:
Post a Comment