Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Task 3..//Motion Graphics\\

Nowadays, we are witnessing different and interesting examples using of motion graphics around us. Motion Graphics is an industry that is moving and growing so fast with various technologies, developments and software.
Motion Graphics is about a series of moving images/ video/ animations which usually are combined with audio to either tell us a story or describe a concept that has something to do with feelings or motions...
As most sources and books would mention Saul Bass is one of the main pioneers in this field specifically in title sequences for movies. He became widely known in the industry after creating the title sequence for Otto Preminger's The Man with the Golden Arm (1955).



One of the other pioneers in motion graphics who to work in this field many years ago is Oskar Fischinger, and as an example I'd use - An Optical Poem (1938), which in my opinion shows the start and simplicity of the subject.



About new trends in this subject, I'd like to mention:
WeWereMonkeys: Making Of “It’s Okay”

http://motionographer.com/features/weweremonkeys-land-of-talk-its-okay/

And many more...

As the discussion of future in motion graphics comes along, I can not obviously mention how soon and how vast this subject in going to expand. However, I would like to mention two names and their work which I came across in an event of short movies called 'Future Shorts' in East London at Favela Chic...Among the short movies there were 2 animation stories that really caught my attention. But I can not post the actual work here because It's been shown currently.
First one made by a Chinese artist Mei Ling (http://www.futureshorts.com/short-show.php?id=5037&start=0&program=442)

And second one called Chic by Michal Socha


No comments:

Post a Comment